About Massage in Rochester MN
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Rochester Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
What is hydrotherapy?
Is the application of water in any of its three forms (i.e. solid, liquid, vapour) to the body for therapeutic purposes.
A fomentation is an application of moist heat to part of the body which helps to relieve pain and if the heat is more moderate and theapplication more prolonged before being renewed, it can also relax and enable a person to go to sleep.
- It also increases the circulation of white blood cells and the flow of blood to the skin, thus relieving internal congestion.
- It relieves muscle tension and spasms, and pain in muscle joints and internal organs.
- It promotes sweating, thus increasing the elimination of toxins.
- Stimulates or relaxes according to the temperature of the application.
- Fomentations are excellent for chest congestion due to colds, and bronchitis. (Natural Remedies Encyclopedia)
The effects of Heat Applications:
- Relieve Pain
Prolonged, mild heat applications (6 to 10 minutes)
- Relax and reduce muscle spasms
- Takes pressure of the nerves and better nerve flow.
- Sedate and soothe the nerves.
Brief, hot applications (3 to 5 minutes)
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph.
- Boost the immune system seven times multiplying white cells.
- To warm a body part in preparation for massage
- Painful muscles and joints (back injuries, arthritis)
- Chest congestion in colds or flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, and pleurisy
Call 507-280-9577 and Book your Appointment Right NOW!